Leader: Rick Harrison Smith
The Education for Ministry (EfM) program provides people from all walks of life with the education “to be” Christians and to carry out their ministry. All Christians need a Christian education which supports their faith and which prepares them to express that faith in day-to-day events.
EfM is a worldwide program developed by The School of Theology of The University of the South. It states that the foundation for bringing Christ to the world lies in a church empowered by an active, theologically articulate laity.
Thousands of people have completed this four-year program. Students enroll one year at a time, can transfer almost anywhere in the USA and in many foreign countries, and can earn 18 Continuing Education Units per year by participating. This also adorns one on a path to the Diaconate.
This program of theological study is through an extension course from The School of Theology of The University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee,
available here at All Saints’ Episcopal Church!
· Small seminar groups in sizes from 6 to 12 students
· Trained mentors and thought-provoking texts
· Theological reflection practiced regularly
· Prayer and worship in a community of study
· Four year commitment, one year at a time, containing studies of :The Old Testament, The New Testament, Church History and Theological and Moral Choices